Thursday, December 3, 2009

Sticky Gingerbread Recipe

Since Chrissy requested the Sticky Gingerbread recipe that I found, I figured I'd post it here:

1 stick + 3 T butter
3/4 C dark corn syrup
3/4 C molasses
2/3 C packed dark brown sugar
2 tsp. finely grated fresh ginger (I used powdered and it tasted fine)
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
1 C milk
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp baking soda, dissolved in 2 T warm water
2 C flour

Preheat oven to 350 and line cake pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper (grease foil).

In saucepan, melt butter over low heat along with syrup, molasses, sugar, fresh and ground gingers, cinnamon, and cloves. Remove from heat, and add milk, eggs, and dissolved baking soda in its water.
Put flour into a bowl, and pour in liquid ingredients, beating until well mixed. (Batter will be very wet.) Pour into pan and bake 45-60 min. until bread rises and is firm on top. Do not over-bake; it will continue to bake as it cools. Transfer pan to wire rack and let cool before cutting gingerbread into squares.

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

A big thank you for the recipe Cheri. I won't tell any of my gingerbread men (women and children too)collection about this recipe when I make it. I feel a little weird eating it in front of them. I may have to cover their little eyes.