Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Cookies and questions

Well girls, we did it again. I don't know how but each year gets better than the last. Thanks for a fabulous night filled with sugar highs and giggles. Tracy, your house was so beautiful and your hospitality appreciated.

I do have a few questions, though:
Chrissy -- Was my breakfast this morning from one of those Amish Friendship starter deals? Do you have starter I can have? I'd love to start that up again. I miss that stuff! And, thanks SO MUCH for the fudge, candies, curd, scarf and all those goodies! You are generous and kind and a very good thing. I'm sorry you're sick!
Suzelle -- Are you ready to abandon us as a group after we made you open all the presents last night?
Cheri -- How does Eric like that apron?
Tracy -- Is Jesus' love surrounding you today? I sure do hope so! :-)
??? -- I don't know who ended up with the cookie jar, but are all those cookies safely inside it this morning, or did the fam rob your stash?

10 comments:

Nola Mom said...

Carey I have always said that you have a way with words! You said it all.

Had a wonderful time last night. Thanks to everyone for their hard work in making all those cookies, shopping and wrapping. You did a great job. Thanks Tracy. It was wonderful. Merry Christmas to all!

Tracy said...

Thanks Girls! I too had a lovely time & was especially glad EVERYONE was able to attend!

Thanks for all, for the fun & tasty goodies...ummmm, I'm busy licking the ooh-y gooey homemade marshmallow off my mouth from Cindy's Ginger Cookie S'more!(Please Sir, May I have another?)

And Carey...Yes, Jesus loves me...yes, Jesus loves me...yes, Jesus loves meeeeee....The Bible Tells Me So...

Little song for your musical enjoyment...bet you're glad you couldn't really here me sing it though, I can break crystal with this voice.

Chrissy said...

Thanks Carey. Don't anyone tease me about my safety pinned pom-poms. That's so you can remove them for washing. That's my story and I am sticking to it! And Tracy thank you for hosting. Your home was so warm and inviting and you remained so calm during the 'invasion'. I would love to know what everyone brought and what everyone went home with. We scurry out so fast after the last gift is plucked that it's hard to find out what everybody brought and left with! If you want, post it. I lost track. I brought the apron;tray;towel and HH book 'Toot and Puddle' and went home with the Snowman Christmas countdown. Loved all my goodies too. Cookies for breakfast and lunch and probably dinner!!! Well, at least it's a balanced diet. Thanks again GTGFs. As usual it was a fabulous time. Laughter is so good for the soul. And I enjoyed doing nothing but having fun! See you next year. Love ya.

Suzelle said...

Heck no....you guys are stuck with me :)

I had such a fun time...thank you everyone for everything !!!!!

Tracy, your home looked beautiful.

Chrissy said...

And Carey, yes I have starter. Are you going to church this Friday orSaturday for 'Peace' or church Sunday? It will be ready to make bread or start another starter (got that?) on Tuesday 12/15.

Anonymous said...

This truly is "The Most Wonderful Time of The Year"
Tracy, you made the evening lovely: yummy food, beautiful home, great company...
Carey, I have the cookie jar, I left him in the "Time to Bake" mode, then filled him with MY goodies, thus the fam is clueless!
Chrissy, you out did your self on the, not so little, goodie bag! I have one question...Chrissy will you marry me?

Anonymous said...

I am laughing so hard right now from reading all these posts. Tammi, I'm pretty sure your proposal is illegal in California on a couple of levels, but I agree that Chrissy's generosity knows no bounds!

I brought the Jim Shore snowman and the snowman triple-snack tray, and I got Chrissy's apron and matching treats. What a wonderfully fun evening it was. I love cookie time!

Chrissy said...

Sorry Tammi, I'm taken and I like a partner with dingleberries. But you are the second woman who has proposed. I'm flattered but at the same time a little disturbed. But we can continue to be good friends. Just don't hug me next time we see each other, okay? I may not repeat the bag o'goodies again but I had time to make homemade treats this year and I felt like a little craft which I haven't done in a while (outside of Good Things). Next year it's vanilla wafers and a card for y'all! (Now you know that ain't gonna happen.)

Anonymous said...

I miss being a GTGF!! It sounds like the cookie exchange was a great time as usual. I'm headed to my Minnesota cookie exchange tomorrow. It's a low brow event...chocolate chip cookies & oreos...not really, but it falls way short of the Good Things standards! Miss you all!
Jean

Lori said...

I sure had a fun time with all my goodies. Chrissy, you are way over the top but I'm excited about my new tote bag and cute calendar. Thanks for spoiling us as you always do. I'd love some starter too. It's so good.
I went home with my own gift of the snowman teapot and pan snowman. I saw a salt and pepper shaker that matches it at the store that I'm buying to put with it next year and see if anyone will take it home. So now you know what my gift is!!!!

I had such a good time girls. It's too bad the party had to end. Tracy your home was beautiful and I know it's alot of work to prepare early. Thanks for the snacks and the beautiful hostessing you did.
Hope everyone has a great holiday season and enjoys their family time. Chrissy, have safe travels. Nola, I loved your cookies and they were a hit at my house. Merry Christmas friends.