Sunday, January 27, 2008

Another Popcorn Recipe

Striped Chocolate Popcorn
2 bags of microwave popcorn popped
2 cups miniature pretzels
1 cup pecan halves toasted
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 pkg white candy melts
2 oz milk chocolate or colored candy melts
In a large bowl combine popcorn, pretzels and pecans. Drizzle with butter and toss. Place white candy coating in bowl. Microwave, uncovered for about 2-3 minutes until melted. Drizzle over popcorn mixture. Toss to coat. Spread on foil lined cookie sheet. Melt chocolate or colored candy melts mixture 1-2 miutes and drizzle over popcorn. Let stand until set. Break into pieces and store in an airtight container. Enjoy.

This recipe was found in Taste of Home Magazine.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

THANK YOU NOLA This has been my favorite popcorn creation of yours!!
I must have sensed that you were going to post this today, because I bought colored candy melts (for the first time ever in my life)in the Valentine's area of Target just This Very Morning....Timing....well, I think I had better go get that microwave humming along so I can treat my family this week to a fun surprise :)

Tracy said...

Oops! One more thing-I thought you were going to take on organizing a "Ribbon Swap" for the good things girls??? I am anxious to know how many would participate so if I run across a fun ribbon, I'll know how many yards to buy.....
From your "always shopping friend"