Monday, January 21, 2008

Welcome Good Things Girls!


We now have a blog! Hooray!

This is where we can create our invitations, check in with what is new with each other, post photos, recipes, and all sorts of "good things." 

I know what you are thinking, and I promise it is easy, and I'll show you how.

For now, let's talk about what we are making in February-

Above is a photo of the button tree I made today. It was fun and I only poked myself once. 

I will provide the styrofoam cone and fabric to wrap the cone with. I will bring pinks, reds, or pastels (solid or semi solid is best so it is not to busy looking, and you just barely see the fabric under all the buttons). The cost for this is $2 (thank you Dollar Tree). If you have some other color scheme in mind, please call me because I'm sure I can supply the fabric in any color you desire.

You will provide:
1. buttons (a variety of sizes in a multi pack is best. I ordered mine on the internet at buttonsgalore.com) You will need lots. Sorry that is as exact as I can be. 

2. pins - I used white ones from WalMart and pearly pink ones from JoAnns. I went for as cheap as possible, and WalMart is the cheapest for white. I used white on the first layer and then used the pearly ones on the top layer. I used 1 1/2 small boxes of white and one full box of pink.

3. If you can find something for the top, great. I didn't have much luck with this and ended up with three bigger buttons on top. The blog I got this from used an earring. 

4. Something to put it in. The blog I saw used a cute little candy dish, but I think a saucer would work too. I haven't found the perfect dish yet for mine. If I find a great source, I will let you know.

Speaking of which, this idea came from this blog. Click on the word blog to see it. Scroll down to the November 17 post. 

If you have any problems finding your supplies, please let me know and I will do my best to help. Remember, you can make yours any color you desire, it doesn't have to be for Valentines.

We'll see you at Carolyn's on February 7 at 7 pm. 

Please leave a comment to this post to RSVP. Isn't technology great!

9 comments:

Nola Mom said...

Your tree looks great. I can't wait to get started on mine.

Carey said...

Thanks, sis, for setting this up. Another resource for buttons is Ebay... but be careful. People seem to really want buttons. Yikes!

Anonymous said...

hey i sent a comment and then i did something and it disappeared!
i hope this makes it. if anyone knows who bought all my red and pink buttons at my garage sale please let me know. i will be there and i'll find some buttons, again! (heavy sigh) thanks for setting all this up cindy. also ladies i picked up 12 styro cones and a lot of peppermmint candies in red and green at the dollar store and walmart for our christmas craft. cheap and done!

Tracy said...

I found this email in my junk mail-it had been automatically filtered out of my regular in box---I don't usually even check my junk file, I usually just click empty....so, I must have had some sort of feeling that their was something in it I did need to read...anyhow, I found your notice about this new blog--I am looking forward to this button tree craft!!

Cindy said...

Tracy- what were your doing checking your email at 2 in the morning? Even Martha Stewart sleeps a little

Tracy said...

Oh my goodness-I had a stomach ache last night-I can't figure out why this keeps happening to me, but it kept waking me up, I was tossing & turning like crazy--so rather than wake my sweetly sleeping husband, I got up & checked out the blogs I like to read & ached by myself in the freezing cold tundra (known as my kitchen) in the middle of the night--UGH!!!

I bet Martha gives herself stomach aches sometimes too....

Elisha W said...

Hello, everyone! I'm very much looking forward to meeting you all and doing some fun crafts. Thanks so much for accepting me into the group - Cheri has told me so many lovely things about you all. See you in February!

Elisha Wells

Anonymous said...

hey, thanks for making us sound good cheri. we're actually pretty harmless 10 months of the year elisha. but watch out for june and december. The gloves come off and it's every lady for themselves!

Anonymous said...

Hey Cindy, the tree look's great! Thanks for dragging us into the 21st century, gotta love technology.
I think this tree will look great on my mantle. see ya on the 7th.

Welcome to Elisha!