Friday, January 25, 2008

Red Hot Valentine Popcorn

At our last meeting Tammi asked about the recipe for the Red Hot Valentine Popcorn. In case anyone else is interested here it is:

Red Hot Valentine Popcorn
1 cup butter
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 pkg Red Hot cinnamon candies
8 qts popcorn or 2 pkgs microwave popcorn
Pop popcorn and pour into a large greased sheet cake pan. Combine butter, corn syrup and Red Hots in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil and stir constantly over medium heat. Boil for 5 minutes. Pour over popcorn, lightly mix and spread out in the pan. Bake at 275 degrees for 1 hour. Stir every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool. Break up popcorn into bite sized pieces. Store in an airtight container.

This recipe is from Paper Crafts Magazine.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Awesome post Nolamom! You are such a cool mom!

Tracy said...

I request the how-to on the white chocolate & color drizzled popcorn with pecans that I received as a christmas goodie from you at our knitters group!!! It was my FAVORITE popcorn treat (I ate it ALL without sharing with my family)

Sloan said...

This sounds amazing! I LOVE this blog and can't wait to follow it! Love you Tracy!!! You are my treasured friend!!
Sloan

Anonymous said...

Thanks Nola for both of the yummy popcorn ideas!