Sunday, August 10, 2008

Jean is a very good thing!

So, I'm here. I'm in Marshfield, Wisconsin, visiting our very good friend -- and always a good thing -- Jean, and her husband, Mark. Their home is lovely and they've shown us a very good time. I'm blessed to have been able to visit. I'll tell more later, but here's a few snapshots from our evening. By the way... I would have called, Mom, but no cell service! (Aaah, but I've hacked on to somebody's unsecured wireless network!)
On the way... the most awesome sight of sunflowers as far as the eyes could see. Breathtaking!
Jean and Mark in front of their lovely home.


Did I mention that in the back yard is a river? And wildlife is everywhere. Jean said this morning she had wild turkeys in the back, and that deer always visit to sample her raspberries. If you look closely in this photo, you will see wildlife of another kind... Buddy, the pug, playing while Jean is being silly!


Tomorrow is breakfast before we head back to Chicago and the Stassens go to work. We had a lovely visit. I'm blessed to have been able to visit such good friends.

3 comments:

Nola Mom said...

I am jealous. We all need to go on a field trip and visit Jean.

Anonymous said...

A field trip sounds great...there's lots of room at the Stassen B&B! Carey & Gary, we loved your visit...wish it didn't go by so quickly.
Jean

Tracy said...

I sure enjoyed seeing your vacation photos, Carey!! Thanks for sharing--and the sunflower field is amazingly beautiful!