Sunday, February 22, 2009

March on over!

Hey ladies,

Our March meeting is just around the corner. We will be meeting Tuesday, March 3 at 7pm at Nola's house. Please RSVP to the blog.

We will be making cute little things this time. First up will be covered buttons we will turn into adorable little pushpin/thumbtacks. They can also be used to make adorable flowers for use in scrapbooking by adding felt petals. Cute!

We will also be experimenting with personalized twill tape. Sounds weird, but useful for scrapbooking accents or even sew in labels for clothes. This uses iron on transfers and a ink jet printer, and everyone should be able to get a sheet of labels to play with.

All materials will be supplied - BUT - you need to RSVP with what you want your words to be. I did some "handmade by Cindy" to use as labels on knitting, some of my kids' names to use in scrapbooking, and the name of their schools and "Go Panthers". Just some examples to get your juices flowing. We will format them for you (they have to be reversed and printed on the transfers in advance) and you will trim them and iron them on. SO, that means please RSVP soon to give us time to do all the computer and printing work. If you have a particular font that you like, please specify. Or even "block" vs. "script". Whatever. Call or post a comment if you have questions, but beware that Cindy will be out of town Wednesday - Sunday and Emily will be the techie in charge.

Looking forward to crafty goodness!

11 comments:

Tracy said...

Hi~RSVP me as a Yes, please.

Would love my lables to be: Made by Tracy in simple easy to read font, Cutsy font for some AUDRA, And Collegiate font for JARED & also that same font for WATERPOLO & SWIM.

Sound OK?

Cindy said...

Perfect ! I needed some to practice on!

Chrissy said...

I will be there. I have two fonts I like and could I get the words in both? I am not sure of how that works out and it really deosn't matter. I will use whatever you do. The two fonts I like are called Bradley Hand ITC and Monotype Corsiva. The words I would like are Seth; Lizzie; Chrissy; Buster; Casey; Sassy; Love and Family. If that is too many or the fonts aren't available just one plain and one script and take out those animals! (I mean Buster, Casey and Sassy!). Thanks for all the prep work Emily and Cindy. Are you going somewhere fun Cindy? I just realized that 3/3 is only a week from this Tuesday! See you soon.

Suzelle said...

I'll be there.

My favorite font is Comic Sans. But I am very loose about that, if it isn't available. John, Claire, Audra and BFF for me.

Thanks a million !!!!!!

Carey said...

Yes. I'll be there... :-)

Chrissy said...

I have to cancel for the meeting next Tuesday. I am so sorry. I have a school conflict that just came up but that I cannot avoid or reschedule. I am very disappointed and sad :( I wanted to do the craft and see the albums. Please take pictures of the albums for me.
To our techie Emily-you can skip my labels if you want. I'd love to have them but if you are busy just skip mine. I'm okay either way. And thanks for doing all that. You are a good thing!

Nola Mom said...

My words are: Nola's Secret Recipe, Kiss the Cook and Love in every bite.

Chrissy we will miss you. You always make the meetings fun and lively. I will take pictures for you.

Anonymous said...

Carolyn will be out of town that evening in the big town of Corcoran. Dinner with Dan's Aunt and Uncle and SJM Girl's Basketball Playoffs. I hope to see all of you next month.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the late RSVP. March sneaked up on me! If there is still time, my labels can say, "Handmade by Cheri" and "Best Friends Forever" in Curlz or Comic Sans.

See ya soon!

Chrissy said...

Just wanted to say again how sad I am that I can't be there :( Thanks for taking pics Nola. Love ya'll, Have fun, but not TOO much without me!

Cindy said...

Hey Cheri,
Unfortunately, the transfers were printed this morning before you posted your message. We needed a day to practice, so we waited as long as we could.

If you still want to participate in this part of the craft, you'll just need to go buy a pack (6 sheets) of t-shirt transfers (I got them at Target), and print your images on them. It has to be reversed, so you'll have to use a program that flips the image, such as Photoshop or the like.

You are still more than welcome to do the button craft, and of course, a piece of dessert has been reserved in your honor. See you tomorrow.