Wednesday, July 9, 2008

July meeting... we missed you... and some group thoughts

Boy you guys missed out! We had stuff galore to trade. I, for one, came home with some killer cookbooks and a couch. Thanks, Cheri, for a fun evening and some great Jell-O cake. (And those couches, too! I can't wait for those silly boys to stop complaining about the heat and go pick 'em up!)

Anyway, we missed everybody who was unable to attend. We know that summertime is hard, but it is sad when our gatherings are small, as they have been here and there this year.

The folks who were at this week's meeting thought it was time to revisit some of our Good Things rules. We started Good Things because we wanted to create a group that got together monthly to share interests, share our lives and make some crafts and giggle. We never were a group to have too many rules, but we do have a few designed to keep the group fair for all who are involved.

We like people to participate by regularly attending and RSVPing and by hosting, volunteering a craft or by making a desert for one or two meetings a year.

RSVPs
  • If you're the one planning the craft, it is great to know that a steady number will be there each month. That's one reason the blog was created. Please regularly use the blog or the phone to RSVP to the project or home coordinator.
  • And, if something comes up at the last minute, please immediately let the project coordinator know you will not be attending. If your RSVP cancellation is last-minute and supplies have been purchased for you, it is your responsibility to reimburse the host for the money spent.
Participation and attendance
  • If you're in the group now and your priorities and commitments have changed since you joined, that's OK. We understand. If you aren't able to do your part by hosting or working with a partner to coordinate a meeting one or two times a year, it is OK to step back from the group or take a break until you are more free to give your time to the group.
  • The same goes for scheduling problems and busy schedules. If you aren't able to regularly attend, there won't be any hard feelings if you let us know the group just isn't working for you right now.

The bottom line is we want Good Things to be a loving, dedicated group of women who look forward to each month's meetings. I know I love Good Things and I want it to continue to grow and develop throughout the years. We've seen members come and go as lives have changed and people have grown in other areas. Change is always difficult, but it is a part of life.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

:0)

Chrissy said...

Cheri-thank you for a fun, relaxing evening. Your new colors and furniture and Americana decorations looked great. You are one busy momma! I loved the snacks-I almost asked for a second piece of cake! Definitely want that recipe. I still want to see little Seth. We got side tracked. Have a great vacation and see you soon.

And Jean, if you're out there, (I know you check in sometimes), I got your card/gift today. Thank you for remembering my milestone 50th. I will drop you a line soon and give you the latest. It was really good to hear from you. I always remember Sam on the 4th!
Love to all you ladies. Stay cool. Chrissy