Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Egg-stra special time!

What a fun evening. I'm sad some of you didn't make it, but for those of us who did, we had an "egg-stra" special time learning how to create the Ukranian eggs. Kristen did a great job sharing her craft with us. Thanks Kristen for being our guest!

Here's what we did:

1. We ate! And we got to know our newest member, Elisha!


2. We met Kristen!






3. We sketched!







4. We used a "kiska" to put wax on our eggs in the design we sketched.








5. We melted the wax and wiped it away, leaving either the white of the egg shell or the dyed color we started with. (So ultra cool.)



1 comment:

Nola Mom said...

I am so sorry that I missed such a fun project. I also missed seeing everyone. It looks like everyone had a good time and the eggs look really creative. I'll see you next month. Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter.