Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Clock info........

Well Michael's has their shadow boxes 1/2 off this week (thanks Cindy for the info on that). I priced them and they are from $8 to $40 and then 1/2 off. They start at 5 x 7 and go up to very large. The 8 x 10, there was oak, black and a whitewash/silvery that were $15 to $20 and then 1/2 off that.



Their clock kits....all empty pegs.....darn Michael's.......but the prices were $ 6.99 on up and then the 40% off coupon.



Now I also have....thanks to Tracy's investigating.......a kit available through Oriental Trading.....a clock kit...it is a 10" wooden square including the clock workings and they would end up being $4.17 each. We could decorate it how we want....paper, pictures, stickers, flowers, buttons, etc. I almost think this is the way to go...........

What do you think ????

Suzelle

8 comments:

Chrissy said...

go with OTC

Tracy said...

I'll be happy either way ;o)

Nola Mom said...

Either way is fine with me. Just let me know what I should buy and when. This should really be a fun project. I am looking forward to the meeting where we will make the clock. Thanks Suzelle.

Lori said...

It's so nice to show up to the meeting and have the kit there and available with one price to pay and then we can customize it so I vote for the kit from Oriental trading. But I'm up for buying things separately, just let me know. Lori

Suzelle said...

I ordered the clock kits. I should be getting them anytime. I'll let you know how they are once I receive them :)

If you want to do the shadow box clock......that would be great too...it is completely up to you !!!

Should be fun !!!

Chrissy said...

Confused. I got a shadow box at Michaels. Can I use the clock kit from OTC in that shadow box. Your example was a clock in a shadow box right?

Suzelle said...

Chrissy....it is either the shadow box or clock kit from OTC. The difference is ......you need to also buy a clock kit when using the shadow box. It is completely up to you.

Cindy said...

Suzelle,

I'll take one of your kits when you get them.

Thanks for ordering for us.