Guess what I bought yesterday??? I bought my first cookie recipe magazine for the season. Yes, I did find lots of good possibilities but not the right recipe, YET! Only three months and some days until the big cookie exchange.
I hope all of you are having a good end of Summer. The Fall bug has already been at my house but so far I haven't put out anything orange yet. I have been knitting pumpkins and thinking about decorating. I guess it is trips to Michael's and Joanne's that put me in the mood.
Lori and Carolyn I hope that you are recooperating nicely and you are thought of. Tammi, I hope you are doing good. We miss hearing from you.
A happy first day of school tomorrow for Cheri.
Suzelle we look forward to our September meeting and project. See you all then!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I wish the cookie exchange was tonight (and all my cookies were baked and everything)!
I've got my gift all picked out... now comes the fun of deciding which cookies. The testing process is something I know Gary is looking forward to! :-)
Have a great day ladies!
I found a recipe I want to try. Let the testing and tasting begin!Looking forward to seeing everybody in September.
I bet I can get some volunteers to taste test for you. Just let us know when you want us over!
I am SO excited...I found my cookie :) FUN !!!! A couple of questions.....
How many do we wrap up to give each other ?
Do we leave out some to share ?
We also share the recipe...a copy for each member ?
Do we do a gift exchange as well ?
September info to come shortly !!!
Excellent questions Suzelle. You are a star Good Things student! Each person receives six cookies to take home and you make an additional dozen to share at the exchange. The exact total to make will be shared as soon as we have a final count of how many will be there. And the containers are another fun part. Store bought tins or decorated cello bags or homemade containers ot even a cofee mug or tea cup or christmas bowl or plate or a small stocking. Anything that suits your fancy and budget. We are not picky and we are all appreciative:)We are usually asked to email Carey or Nola a copy of the recipe, I believe, so that we can have it included in our recipe book but sometimes people bring a copy for each person. I am not sure how that will work this year. We can check in September.
And yes a wrapped gift for the exchange. I think we need to set the $$ limit though. Not sure what it is for this year.
You know the saying, 'dress for success'? Well, wrap for success. If the packaging is special the temptation to choose it seems to increase! Mostly bags but not always.......And then of course begin praying for a high number now. Early petitions never hurt!
I hope that helps. See you in a September.
Post a Comment