Monday, October 13, 2008

November Good Things

Ok everyone, I don't have a beautiful picture to post for the November Good Things but I do have some fun things planned. Nola gave me a magazine page with fun things to make out of candy canes and gumdrops and such and I showed you some things last planning meeting, so come prepared to glue and make something festive for the holidays. I'll probably have a minimal fee of a few dollars depending on which projects you choose to do. There are adorable candy candlesticks, gumdrop wreaths and trees made of candy canes.

What can you bring? Thanks for asking: Please bring your glue gun and some glue sticks. Please also bring a box (or cookie sheet) and tissue to carry home your delicate projects so they don't break. Bring your candle sticks (optional) if you'd like to make some fun candy candles. I think they will do best being assembled on the candle stick that night. Bring some thin red or green ribbon (optional) if you really want to be different and some thick red ribbon (optional) if you want to make the gumdrop wreath. I'll bring these things if you don't but I know some of you like to be individuals. Depending on how fast you are you may even get a couple of projects done that night so come to Carolyns house at 7 pm where we can sip some cider and get in the festive mood. Hope to see you there. Lori

Gosh, I sure hope the stores start putting out the candy canes soon. (I can't believe I just said that~!!!)

8 comments:

Carey said...

I'll be there! I can't wait to see everybody and think Christmas thoughts!

Chrissy said...

Ladies, I have tons, yes tons, of candy canes and one dozen styro cones (same size as valentines). I also have tons, yes tons, of star candies in red and green. I will bring for all to share.

Nola Mom said...

I'll be there in a sweet mood (ha-ha) ready to craft with glue gun in hand. I am looking forward to the evening. Thanks for coordinating this event Lori and I hope you are feeling better. Chrissy, we will be praying for you next week as you have your surgery.

Anonymous said...

I'll be there with gumballs on!

Cindy said...

I'll be there!

Chrissy said...

Christmas came early at our house today. I just spoke to my surgeon and the pathology report showed no cancer. Thank you Jesus!! And thank you all for your prayers, thoughts, gifts and goodies. I told Seth I finally feel like maybe I am on the way back to normal and he said the surgery was just to take my thyroid out! What a smarty pants. What is normal anyway?? Good health is a good thing! See you all soon. Love, Chrissy

Anonymous said...

I am coming too!

Tammi

Tracy said...

I saw this posted here SO long ago, I thought I responded :p Oops!

I'm planning on coming too....