Thursday, August 19, 2010

September.......

Okay......I am planing the September meeting before school starts. This is what we are making.....FUN !!!!!



I have been pricing these badge holders. (they are 3" by 4" and can be used horizontally or vertically) The have 100 of them at Office Max for $75 or 50 of them for $42. So $4.20 a piece as opposed to $7.50 for the 10 of us. Kind of depends how many you want in your book. Staples, online, has 50 for $34 plus shipping. I also looked at Oriental Trading and then have 50 badges for $15. I read the reviews and several people raved about how great a deal they were and several people said they were good deal but were thin and tore easily. So that's where we are. Any thoughts ??

I can have fall paper here, or bring your own, which ever you all prefer. The cover of this one is done digitally. I think I may do mine on the computer ahead of time. The pages.....instead of leaving blank pages in mine for family to fill in on Thanksgiving for example, I am going to complete mine with what I am thankful for....probably with a picture on 1 side and a little journaling block on the other page.

Sept 13th will be here before we know it :)

9 comments:

Carey said...

Oh my gosh. This is so cute! I cannot tell you how excited I am to make one of these. Can we buy extra kits? So incredibly cool.

Tracy said...

Suzelle...I picked up a pkg of 12 badge holders out of the office supplies area (on the gadget wall where rulers & stuff were) @ the Walmart (off Herndon on Ingram) quite some time ago for only about $1.25!

I'm not sure they still have them...but I'd suggest checking there before spending $75.oo!

In any case, I've got them already for this project, so don't include me in your numbers when figuring the purchase, please.

I remember thinking it was a product you'd be able to pick up there any old time...pretty sure I told you about it way back in February? Does it ring a bell?

Chrissy said...

I like it! I would say go for the 100 and depending on the s & h charge, Staples may be about the same. The OTC ones are a good price but may be too flimsy. I'll go with the group and the fee seems reasonable no matter what you choose.

And by the way, I can't remember Cheri or Carey's hidden talents. Please enlighten me. Obviously my hiddent talent is not memory related!!!

Cindy said...

Very cute idea Suzelle. I'm good with whatever you decide.

Suzelle said...

Tracy.....I am sure you said that but does not ring a bell. I cannot remember a dang thing lately.

I was at the Herndon and Ingram Walmart today and they had nothing. They are doing a remodel so their stock was limited on office stuff. I will try the west Shaw one tomorrow and buy SEVERAL of the $1.25 ones if they have them. I'll post tomorrow with what I find.

Nola Mom said...

Love the project. Whatever you choose is fine with me. See you in Sept.

Suzelle said...

Okay Good Things girls....here is what I got. The Wally World on west Shaw had badge holders. They are a little smaller that the Office Max ones.....but WAY cheaper. They are 2 1/4" by 3 1/2". Think it'll make a sweet book. They were $2.44 for a pkg of 12. I bought 10...one for each of us. So if want one of these, they are here for you. If youn want to get your own, or already have, I can return the un-used ones or you can buy the leftovers.

I won't use 12, so someone can have my extras.

Lori said...

Looks cute but I don't know what it is. Maybe I missed that since I wasn't at the last meeting. I'll go with whatever you decide. Don't know what you mean by making the cover page on the computer... so ...

I'll be there and bring my cuttlebug to emboss some plain paper if you are interested. I'll bring the dessert Suzelle. See you then.

Chrissy said...

What exactly are we suppose to bring Suzelle?